Posts by Alison Ray:
A new luxury baby and children’s boutique has arrived Chicago and we couldn’t be more excited. Owner and sassy mom of two Molly Hillenbrand chatted with us about opening Luxaby Baby & Child and how she balances work and motherhood. Don’t miss the Bubbles & Blowouts event we’ll be co-hosting on December 12th 6-8 pm. Come out to shop Luxaby’s fabulous collection (moms, babies and kids) and enjoy champagne, light bites and a quick styling from Blowtique. Read the rest of this entry “
This month we’re teaming up with Metro Moms and Big City Moms to bring you a 12 day extravaganza of Must-Haves for Moms December 2 -17th! Each week day will feature a new product carefully curated by us just for you.
What’s more fun than winning before the holidays??
Posted this pic on Instagram last night and was asked to share the recipe. You ask and you shall receive.
This is the second time I’ve made these bites of chocolate heaven and the girls love, love, love. You really can’t tell there is no refinded sugar. Only sugar is from the dates.
Thanks to Pinterest I discovered the recipe from OurPaleoLife.com.
Try not to eat too many, these are addicting!
1 cup raw Almonds
1-1/2 cups pitted Medjool Dates (approximately 10-11 dates)
3-1/2 Tbsp organic Cocoa Powder (use organic
not the cheap stuff)
4 Tbsp Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
⅛ tsp Celtic sea salt
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Combine all ingredients (except water), in the order listed, in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Process until mixture resembles coarse gravel. I used my VitaMix because I only have a 4 cup processor.
3. While the processor is running, add a thin stream of water, about ½ tsp, maybe less depending on the moistness of your dates.
4. Stop the processor and check the mixture inside. If it sticks together when you smush it, then you’ve got the right consistency. If it’s still crumbly, add more water. You don’t want to add too much water because the bites will be too sticky.
When you’ve got the right consistency, roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls. Yield varies depending on how much you eat while you’re rolling them
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or so, if they last that long.
This isn’t my first go partaking of a 3 day juice cleanse. While I fully enjoyed the Dr. Oz cleanse and considered it successful, I wasn’t particularly motivated to incorporate more raw food into my diet like Peeled’s juice cleanse.
I know what you’re thinking, do cleanses really work?
I wouldn’t consider us a gamer family, however we love dance videos and were so excited to get our hands on Just Dance Kids 2014 for Xbox 360 Kinect. I’m not sure who was more excited – me or the girls.
Just in time for the holidays, Just Dance Kids 2014 has all-new tracklist of kids’ favorite songs, featuring new dances made with kids in mind, and exclusive kid-friendly features. Read the rest of this entry “
Shopping for everyone on your list can be exhausting but we’ve curated our top beauty picks for Sassy Moms in the City’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide. Happy shopping, giving and sharing!! All of our holiday picks are selected by our editorial team; no compensation was received in exchange for inclusion or reviews. Read the rest of this entry “